Sunday 1 January 2012

Just Ask

Kim No. 1 - Just Ask by Melody Carlson is written in a diary format that follows the life of an asian, Korean heritage, girl raised by American parents and daily happenings in her life.

I cried a little bit at the end of this book. Just after everything was going good. The end leaves the reader teary eyed. I won't say what it is since it would ruin the book, but its not anything to hide I just don't want to say what it is because the effect of the surprise would wear off.

I read this book before but didn't get into it then until now. Today I enjoyed this book to the end and loved reading and seeing the world through Kim's eyes. This book really lets us get inside Kim's head and everything that she thinks. I'm sure some of us have questioned the same thing Kim has and have experienced the same thing Kim has. Maybe not in the same sense, but close to it. The reality of the story and getting inside Kim's head is what glued my attention to the story.

I probably wasn't too happy with her telling her readers leave it up to God since not everyone believes in the same thing and same person as she does. I certainly didn't mind her being so Christian and telling people to leave it up to God, but I'm not Christian and I don't know how others would take such advice, but thats just me.

All in all, the experience of seeing the world through Kim Peterson, a columnist, eyes was a positive experience and I respect her for her faith and her devotion to her family and friends. I give this book 5 stars and recommend everyone to read this one because sometimes we don't have to-just ask- to pick up a book that might make a difference in our lives like it did to mine (a little).

No comments:

Post a Comment