Tuesday 27 July 2010

Vampire Diaries: The Awakening

I don't know how many of you guys have stepped into the world of vampire fiction, but I have just taken a step into it and I am not happy with the first vampire book I have picked up.
I am reading The Vampire Diaries right now and I see a romance story with good characterization and I could say plot, but the problem I have now is with the plot. I see a romance story here instead of a story, story about vampires. I don't mind the romance aspect of the plot, but I would like to see more of the vampire story come out. I would like to see more about Katerina, Damon and Stefan. I know the love triangle is important part of the story, but Stefan and Damon are vampires so I would like to their vampire sides more and perhaps be introduced to more vampires. I don't mind seeing the brothers family and see someone else crop up in the story since the brothers have been around since the fifteenth century. It would sure add more depth to the story.
I have to say though it still does absorb the reader into the story and the progression is not bad, but I'm saying this based upon reading The Awakening. I would say it is worth reading at least once, not more than that if you don't enjoy the books completely. Then again those people who are enjoying the romance story and the story the way it is written then by all means go ahead and read away. Go buy the books. But those who are looking for real stories I would suggest reading once and moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment