Thursday 29 July 2010

Wondering

I just finished watching Boys Over Flowers, which is a Korean drama and found the story mind sweeping and entertaining. Its one of those romance stories that make you think its not possible, but then... yes its one of those stories. For girls, it keeps you glued to the story 'til the end. Its not like Twilight since there are no vampires but its more realistic in a sense and the story is anything but boring. I wouldn't say boys shouldn't watch it. Infact, I think the boys should watch it because of the four main boys in the story. I know that there is one person in there that boys can relate to.
When I started to watch this, I didn't want to stop watching it until I reached the end, so I sat down and watched it 'til I didn't finish it. I had to do that in order for it to not haunt me because I wouldn't be able to sleep if I didn't finish watching it.
The story does not ramble on and there are no parts in it where it would make you think okay moving on because each sequence in the story is important for the story to move on forward. I would say that their separation might have been too long and then the amnesia thing in the last episode left me thinking that maybe they won't get together, but they did. It ended happily ever after.
I loved how the writer had so many different characters in this story. Its like making spicy rice where the author is adding all these different flavors to make the story more interesting and the actors do a good job of portraying the characters. I think they do a better job than the Japanese version.
To conclude, I would recommend this show to everyone. It is worth your time watching and you should read the comics before or after you watch the show. Things will make some sense when you read the comics since this show is based off of the japanese comics, Hana yori dango or boys over flowers. I just watched the show and in the process of reading the comics. I normally don't read comics, but this show compelled me to read the comics. I would say you should keep an open mind if you don't like comics and read this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment