Monday 12 March 2012

The Carter House Girls

The Carter House Girls is a series of eight books by Melody Carlson, I think. The last time I checked Melody Carlson's website, it said Last Dance is the last book, and it was sad to hear that because I liked seeing how the characters in the books have changed. Some, if not most of them, have made real progress. They have become real mature. Now I have read only the first six books, but these six have been a joy to read.

At first, I was thinking to myself, 'typical girly books with cat fights, beauty and fashion. It's not going to be interesting. Why waste my time.' Seriously, that's what I thought. Then I still continued to read hoping something good might happen, and I can't say that anything good happened. But the books progressed for the best. I started to like getting to know these characters, seeing the problems they face, and how they solve them. I felt as if I was a part of the Carter House girls and that I was a part of this chaos in some way. I actually am upset to find out these books are coming to end soon.

I should say that its heavily Christian based. Most of the characters in there are Christians and they are praying throughout the books. It did not bother me because I saw God work miracles in some of these girls. Well, okay so maybe God worked miracles through DJ, the protagonist. But the Christianity that plays in here is not annoying. In fact,  it kind of brings the story together. I think the author must really love Jesus Christ.

I would recommend anyone to read these books because guys can find out just how it is like to live with a bunch of girls and girls can learn from DJ. She sets a good example and so do some of her friends.

I'm not quite done, so I'll keep you posted as to how the books turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment