Tuesday 13 March 2012

Time Travelling Fashionista

I enjoyed this book thoroughly. In fact, I cried at the end of the book with the Titanic reference. I'm actually listening to Celine Dion's Titanic song now. 

First of all, I loved all the Fashion Designers mentioned in here. I loved how we got a chance to spend some time with some of the best designers in here. Second, I loved the character in here, and then there were times when I just wanted to smack the protagonist on the head, but still she's 12 years old. What can you expect. Third, I loved how Titanic is woven into the story here. It was the dress and Titanic that grasped us emotionally. 

Well I certainly won't look at dresses the same way. This book gives its readers a new look at dresses. Not unless, if you already understand Vintage, but to those who don't we certainly will get a new perspective on Vintage clothing. Readers will truly learn to appreciate what history Vintage clothing holds. 

Here is a memorable clip from the story: 

"It takes a special kind of person to realize that when you wear vintage you are carrying a bit of the past on your body, and the possibility that vintage can have an impact on your modern life...Don't forget your history, Louise. If we do, we are destined to repeat the past, as though for the first time, without benefiting from any of the knowledge that can be gained from those who have come before us. In the words of the inimitable French designer Coco Chanel, 'Fashion fades, only style remains the same.'" 

I loved this part towards the end in the story. Truly touching and I hope the author continues to write more.

1 comment:

  1. I thought I'd add a bit of color here. Don't mind me experimenting with color here.

    ReplyDelete